Book of the month
Activities for your loving grandparents
About four million greeting cards are sent within the United States each year on National Grandparents Day. This day is also an opportunity for people to appreciate and express their love to their grandparents through kind actions such as making a phone call or inviting their grandparents for dinner. Enjoy these activities printable with your child and send it to their grandparents.
Groovy Joe: Ice Cream & Dinosaurs
Author: Eric Litwin; Illustrator: Tom Lichtenheld
Courtesy of kids.scholastic.com
"Groovy Joe was living the dream.
He had a spoon and tub of doggy ice cream.
And he started to sing:
Love my doggy ice cream! Love my doggy ice cream!"
Eric Litwin, author of the bestselling and beloved Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes, and bestselling artist Tom Lichtenheld, illustrator of Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site, have created a captivating canine character who will groove his way into readers' hearts and have them grooving and giggling all the while. In his debut adventure, Groovy Joe faces three roaring dinosaurs hungry for his doggy ice cream! Oh no! But Joe knows just what to do and soon enough he has them all sharing while moving and singing along.
Signature rhyme, repetition, and musical writing style, combined with wild and witty illustrations come together to create an unforgettable new character who embodies positivity, creativity, and kindness. Groovy Joe is here, ready to get groovy!
Dinosaur Handprint Card
How to make dinosaur craft?
Big Googly Eyes
1. Fold a cardstock paper into half.
2. Trace the handprint of your child on one side.
3. Cut out the handprint keeping the top part intact.
4. Cut out a shape of dinosaur's head and glue it at the back of the card’s top side.
5. It’s time to glue pom-poms on the dinosaur.
6. Stick two googly eyes on the head. Make the dinosaur's mouth using a black marker.
7. Finally, let the child personalize the card with a lovely message for dad.
Courtesy of thejoysharing.com